The Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board was established by the Architects and Quantity Surveyors (Registration) Act No. 16 of 1997 and published in the Government Gazette No 29. Of 1997.
The main functions of the Board are outlined under part II section 4 sub sections (i)-(xvi) of the Act No 16 of 1997 and its subsequent amendments inter alia:
* To provide for registration of Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Architectural and Quantity Surveying Firms and for related matters
* To regulate the conduct of Architects, Quantity Surveyors and consulting firms
* To enter and inspect the construction, installation or erection sites for the purpose of verifying and ensurering that the works designed are suoervised by registered professionals, and that they comply with all governing regulations and laws of the country.
* To take legal action against unregistered architects, quantity surveyors or consulting firms
* To promote and provide opportunities and facilitates for the study of and for the training in architecture, quantity surveying and allied subjects.
* To sponsor, arrange and provide facilities for courses conferences, seminars, discussions and consultations o matters relating to the subjects referred to the one above.
* To arrange for publication and general dissemination of materials produced in connection with the work and activities of the Board
* To liaise with other institutions involved in architecture and quantity surveying.
* To offer advisory services to the construction industry
* To conduct examinations or professional interviews as a mean of satisfying the Board for purpose of registration as to the competence to practice as professionally qualified architects or quantity surveyors as to the adequacy of practical training in architecture or quantity surveying
To be an institution that plays a leading role in promoting professionalism and enhancing excellence in the Construction industry as a tool to maintain acceptable quality of the built environment.
To promote, safeguard and regulate services of professionals for attaining habitable and sustainable physical environment through collaboration with other stakeholders.
Send your comments
or Ideas on Tanzania Infrastructure Improv.